Monday, October 27, 2008

You can call me Ms.Lucky

Point blank, I'm nearly dead from exhaustion. I showed all symptoms of delerium today- including, but not limited to, almost hitting a man on a bicylce with my car. I worked 46 hours in 3 days with only about 4 hours of sleep a night. I will never look at tea or ice cream the same ever again. Yesterday after I determined I could take no more, I started plotting ways to sit down (as it was so busy, I couldn't stop moving- and those tea vats are heavy!). And, this is what I found:

I found myself Sitting (ahhhh) next to a steamy silver rocket looking contraption that donned a proud yellow and red umbrella. Oh yes, ladies and gentleman, I worked a Lucky Dog cart. A big stinkin nasty mobile hot dog distributer. But oh my gawd my legs and feet never felt so good. I literally sat next to it and repeated "One? That'll be six dollars, Thank you". However, my expectations were exceeded. I was really looking forward to working with a semi-homeless guy who just got out of heroine rehab who stuffed sloppy hot dogs down his neck and onto his braided beard. WRONG. Oh no, I couldn't get that guy. I just had to be sat next to a man smarter than I am. WTF. I had no intentions of leaving that cart feeling badly about myself. The guy that ran mine nearly has a Ph.D in history, but quit school because he decided that he made more money running these nasty carts than he would professing at a college. Oh, and he kinda wrote a book. His sons are airline pilots, and they too run a cart in the airport when they're not operating large, life-or-death types of machinery. Oh and the cart on the other side of the festival...definately run by a State Representative.


I seriously can't wait to tell some of my professors about this- thus inciting a riot about their pay- thus giving me a few days off of school.

So at this point, you're wondering how you can get the job of collecting cash at a lucky dog stand? The people who owned the booths we were working (food, tea, ice cream...festival junk of those sorts) also rented this lucky dog booth. So instead of working my balls off I sat around instead. You freakin betcha. I texted Lacey at some point during my work experience to tell her what I was doing and got this response:
Shut the fuck up. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD have someone take a picture. Like I wanna frame it. Aghh I wish I could witness this.
No comment about how freakin awful I look. I almost died people! Anyways, I paid my rent in like 2 days of work and that's fine with me.
Side note: It's freakin cold. Brrrrrr

1 comment:

Lacey in the Sky said...

Something crazy is going on here lately, as it seems I am getting everything I want! Full moon everynight or something?

Love the picture! hahaha!