Monday, November 3, 2008

We need to talk...

Is that not the worst way ever to start a conversation? GAH. Okay, so I don't have a fancy name for my boyfriend like "McDreamy" or anything like that, so we'll call him PowPow...which is a funny story for another day. So, I introduce you to PowPow, and we've been happily together for about 6months :)
PowPow comes over the other night and just doesn't seem like his normal self. I only get to see him about once a week, so usually when we see each other we're both really happy. He tells me we need to talk and my heart starts drops. My mind is racing and I almost bolt out the front door because I don't want to hear it.
His face was somber and he looked scared to even say what he was thinking. I asked if he was going to make me upset, and he said it wasn't his intention
( I kinda just wanted to hear him say ..."I am NOT breaking up with you, calm down").
It boils down to be him feeling insecure. He said the last few times he had seen me, I seemed distant and he feared I may have found someone else, or just wasn't interested anymore. That couldn't be less true. We stayed up all night and talked. I explained to him that I had in fact been falling for him since day 1, and the only reason I hadn't fallen head over heals, can't think, can't sleep in love was because I was scared. I know he's moving out of the country at some point and I fear being hurt. I want him to say he'll stay, but I know that's the most selfish thought I could ever have. He said he didn't want to fall in love with only half of me- I'd have to open up and give him as much as he's given me, which until now I'd thought I had.

The following day we went to my parents house for bloody marys, grilled oysters and pasta that my mom had made. It was a really nice night and my parents were being strangely well behaved. I think they must like him :) My dad hasn't had a negative thing to say about him yet, which makes me think he's dying! The only other person he doesn't have anything negative to say about is Lace!

Anyways, we drove home, sat in the car, drank beer and listened to the Garden State Soundtrack. Yes, pretty much every night seems like something out of a movie.

4 comments:

Lacey in the Sky said...

Well, we need a catch up- huh? It's been a whole day since this shiz went down and I haven't heard about it. I know I am coming up sometime this week to stay with McDreamy. You heard me, STAY. ::HELLO-NERVOUS:: I would really love if we could plan a night for me, you, McDreamy & PowPow(I'm curious, btw) to hang out. Ask PowPow when we can make that happen. Let's get you a couch first, though. Otherwise, we will have to hang out indian style.

We need to pick a day for our anniversary celebration! And I still need to buy your present! I think I've narrowed it down at least?

Lacey in the Sky said...

oh, wait. I think I figured out the PowPow reference now. CUTE :)

KatBouska said...

I just hopped over from lacey's and you're so right..."we need to talk" sends shivers up my spine.

Paranoid much?? Why yes. Yes I am.

Lacey in the Sky said...

I love Kathy from Mama's Losin' It! If you're not reading her blog... you should be!