Monday, November 10, 2008

I have the flu, and an awesome boyfriend

Savvy combination, I thought...
I had a really good weekend with the boyfriend, aside from using an entire roll of toilet paper on my nose and keeping him up all night with my coughs. Friday he brought me to a concert, and Sunday we drove a couple hours to go meet his grandparents. His grandfather had a minivan he wanted to give him, so now my boyfriend totally drives a minivan and a motorcycle (awesome combination). Mind you, he's 27 and has no kids of his own, but has about 30 teenagers that he teaches. Now he can use this to tote around the teenagers, and I'm totally getting him a "mom's taxi" sticker...or maybe a "my child is an honor roll student..." ?? which would be cooler? Or, better ideas?
Anyhow, I met his grandparents who, like the rest of his family, looove me. His grandmother actually called him a few hours after we left to tell him that I was "cute as a button" , and Prime Rib. Yes, Prime Rib. Oh man, they are some cute country old people. But his grandmother did this thing that they sometimes do and said....

" I was kinda hoping I'd get some great grandchildren before I'm too old to hold them"....

Uh, thanks grandma, wtf do I say now???? And then the thought crossed my head that my dad definately told the neighbor I was probably a lesbian b/c I wasn't married and I didn't have kids. Helloooo people, I. am. not. that. old!

Anyways, we did alot of driving this weekend and spent 98% of it talking and the other 2% karaoke-ing. I definately do a good Janis Joplin/ Stevie Nicks when I'm sick. We're starting a band. The talks were awesome and my heart is very happy. The End.

No comments: